The Light in Leeds is one of the city’s top leisure destination with a range of restaurants, a Virgin Active gym, Radisson Blu hotel and Cineworld cinema.
Create a campaign that would appeal to a range of audiences, especially students, and drive footfall, dwell time plus PR and social media interaction
- Host the Battle of the Bands – a search for the city’s best musical talent – in partnership with local station, Radio Aire
- Activate a five week campaign which ran across the stations’ website, on local media and with the radio station via pre-records on air
- Following auditions via social media and the website, five finalists were chosen to perform at The Light in front of a live audience and a panel of judges from Radio Aire, Leeds List, the Music Room (tenant at The Light) and Leeds student radio. Stu Tolan, a Radio Aire presenter, hosted the event.
- The final ran across one day, with the winners, Issimo, winning £1k cash, music equipment from the music room and their song played on Radio Aire.
- Almost 100 entries received
- 15 x print, online and broadcast pieces achieved
- A reach of over 70,000
“Battle of the Bands was a great success for The Light and with the help of Carousel it exceeded expectations in terms of band entries, PR coverage and event delivery. Battle of The Bands is now planned for 2015 and we hope to build upon its achievements as key annual event”
Stephanie James, Marketing Manager, The Light